Thursday, July 2, 2009

1 Sabbath 2 hikes

Sundays have always been a time for me to rest from the normal day to day activities of the week. Usually I try to do something relaxing and peaceful so I can think about this little world we live in and my place in it. So, this being my first Sunday here, I decided to head out and do some exploring outside the city.


This is a panorama shot of Clermont-Ferrand from the first hill I "hiked" to (there was a paved trail all the way to the top). As always you can click on the picture for a better view.


The old city from the same hill. I live almost exactly between those two cathedrals.

While I was on the hill I noticed, across the valley on another hill top, a castle tower looking thing. Can you see it? I had no idea what it was so I decided to go check it out.

After a few hours of walking across the valley and a few stops to ask directions, I arrived. Yep, just what I thought, a castle tower thingy. After looking around for a bit, I went back down the hill to the nearest village and found a bus stop. I was back home in 35 minutes, ha ha.

Here's a view of Clermont from the hill with the tower. What a great way to spend a Sunday.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Kyle! I want to be there!

Kregg Rogers said...

Kyle,
I've been watching the Tour de France everyday. Is Clermont anywhere near where the tour goes through?

Also a new family just bought a home in my neighborhood. Just a second home since they live in Switzerland, Geneva. His name is Spencer Kimball and happens to be a grand kid of President Spencer Kimball. Sound familiar?

Keep up the good work and keep posting.

Kregg