Sunday, June 28, 2009

My home for a little while


Yep, I got him. He had no idea that I was exploiting his ridiculously perfect looking french chef-ness to show everyone back home, but I was. Thank you Monsieur Vincent, thank you.

This is the view from my window. About three times a week there are markets that pop up all over this part of the city. It's actually a pretty cool way of doing things. Whenever I want to go food shopping I just wait for the market days, wake up, put on some clothes, go down the stairs, walk ten feet, buy what I want for the next few days, (try to barter on the prices but always get shut down hard), and then go home with great tasting, organic, straight out of some dude's garden, healthy food. Beats the heck out of Wal-Mart.

Close up of the one of the food stands under neath my apartment. This is my street, love it.

Rue de Gras. Another angle of the main drag in the old city. This view never gets old.


Here's a closer angle for your viewing pleasure. I like the building that's painted blue on the left. Thought it was a nice touch.

3 comments:

clybbert said...

Kyle, these pictures are AMAZING! I know you are in France, but after looking at those tomatoes I have made the executive decision that you should make some pico de gallo. I am so jealous of the market right outside your door and the fact that you are in France!

Kristen said...

Kyle. I was belly laughing about the authentic fat French Chef smoking a cig. That's awesome! And the markets look so fantastic! So different from boring America. I really need to go there someday!

Anonymous said...

this view never gets old.... Ha Ha I got it..

quisty